Visit Jersey Trade & Media
The brief from the Visit Jersey team was to create a website that could engage with their stakeholder network and support Jersey storytelling.
The project needed to provide an intuitive, inspiring and easy to navigate platform to deliver effective corporate communication and drive industry engagement.
In terms of the look and feel, we took inspiration and guidance from the Jersey brand guidelines and the consumer facing site, whilst factoring in the needs of the Jersey trade audience. For this we explored how to display denser content and data in easy to digest formats, as well as encourage industry engagement with core KPIs such as signing up to the trade newsletter.
Some key technical highlights for the project build include:
- Implementation using Drupal 8.
- Front-end theming layer constructed using Twig.
- Creating interactive data visualisations using chart.js that can be maintained by a client website manager.
- Making use of the new HTML picture element to improve performance. This involves fetching only the responsively sized image that is needed for device resolution.
- Implementation of the latest version of the Paragraphs module, which allows for highly customised content managed webpages, where each paragraph has a full revision history.
- Successful combination of Paragraphs module with the Views Reference module to create the ideal base for dynamic pages and user interaction.