At Zoocha, we are aware of the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy.
As part of this responsibility, we are sharing with you what information we collect when you use our website, why we collect it that information, and how we use it to enhance your experience. By using the Zoocha website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Use of Personal Information and the Legal Basis for Processing
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
You may withdraw your consent at any time in line your rights as a data subject.
If you subscribe to our emails or our newsletter, Zoocha may use your personally identifiable email address to inform you of other products, events or services available from Zoocha. The legal basis for processing this information is deemed to be ‘Legitimate Interests'.
If you contact us, we collect your name, email address, as well as other information you directly give us on our website for the purpose of making an inquiry. We need this information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service, along with any subsequent participation in tender process or delivery of service. The legal basis for processing this information is deemed to be ‘Performance of a Contract’.
Zoocha also collect information about you automatically. This is information about your visits to, and use of the website in order for us to improve our sites, products, and service. The legal basis for processing this information is deemed to be ‘Legitimate Interests (for running our business, to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy, and provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud etc.).
Zoocha does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Zoocha won't contact you on behalf of external business partners about any particular offering.
Zoocha will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Zoocha or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Zoocha (including enforcing this agreement); and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Zoocha, or the public.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Information about website visits
Zoocha may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website. When visiting our website, we log your IP address, browser type, browser language, geographical location, length of visit, and information about your use of and actions on our website. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
Third Party Services
Some of the data we receive is collected and stored by third-party services. For example, this data includes website browsing session information, and user interaction recordings. Details on the two services in use are:
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com
- HotJar: https://www.hotjar.com
Security of your Personal Information
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. Zoocha uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Zoocha secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Zoocha has ISO27001 processes in place for the secure handling of all data. Zoocha are also Cyber Essentials Plus certified.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Storing Your Data
Zoocha will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a consistent, high quality, professional service. Zoocha will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. Zoocha will remove any personal data about you from all system upon request. Please refer to our Data Protection Addendum for more information in this area.
International data transfers
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Third party websites
The Zoocha website contains links to other websites. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Zoocha website website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or to deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and only be read by a web server in the domain that used the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Zoocha pages, or register with Zoocha site or services, or cookie helps Zoocha to recall your specific information on subsequent visits, this simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Zoocha website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Zoocha website features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Zoocha website services or websites you visit.
We have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below:
Postal Address: Second Floor, Seed Warehouse, The Wash, Hertford, SG14 1PX.
By email: [email protected]
By telephone: 01992 256700
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to this Statement
Zoocha will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Zoocha encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Zoocha is protecting your information. When such a change is made, we will update the "Last Updated" date below.
Last updated: 10/07/2023