PHP Development / Developers
Aside from Drupal, Zoocha are also well versed in PHP development involving the build of custom PHP applications, and those using PHP Frameworks such as SlimPHP and Symfony.
What is Slim PHP?
Slim is a micro framework written in PHP that allows developers to quickly write simple, powerful, light-weight web applications and APIs. A "micro" framework is a collection of the essential components that are required to build a web application.
Expert PHP Developers
How can we help you?
Zoocha can help you in a number of ways:
- Symfony and Slim PHP development / implementation services.
- PHP-FIG standards compliant PHP7 development.
- Migrations from PHP5 to PHP7.
- Refactoring aspects of legacy applications.
- Performing a full code audit of your PHP application, and making recommendations around security, performance, maintainability etc.
- Give advice on how you can replace your sluggish Drupal Services API, with a high performance Slim PHP API.
- Perform an options appraisal of the various PHP frameworks, to help you find the most suitable framework and approach for your project.
- Helping you design your PHP based application, and planning the right architecture.
- Assist with any PHP integration work that is required, whether to an external service or another application within your estate.
- Help launch your PHP application on to appropriately sized AWS infrastructure.
- Put in place a DevOps toolset to enable your PHP development team to make quicker, less risky releases to live.
- Debug any long standing issues within your existing PHP application.
Where have we used Slim PHP?
We have used Slim PHP on a number of projects:
- VisitBritain - For a light-weight API to serve up real-time UK visitor statistics.
- VisitBritain - As a single purpose application that handles email unsubscribe functionality, and the integration with their SugarCRM system.
- Mydex - For the underlying API of the platform.
- Mydex - In the production of a versatile sign-up / registration wizard.
- Ofsted - To provide a high performance API to support a high number of transactions and updates.
The common theme here is that the primary requirement for each of these projects has been performance.
Where have we used Symfony PHP?
We have been working with Symfony since 2012, initially through our work with Mydex, and since then have used the Symfony PHP framework across a range of our customers including Ofsted and VisitBritain. With Drupal 8 using many of the Symfony components as part of its core, our knowledge of Symfony across the team has invariably begun to grow.
What about Drupal?
Although Drupal is our core area of expertise, and is more than capable of building everything that Symfony and Slim can do, Drupal can sometimes be a tad overkill for certain tasks. One such task is the creation of high-performance, light-weight API's - in this area Slim excels where Drupal would otherwise struggle. The latest version of Drupal also sees it being drawn closer to more modern mainstream development practices, such as Object Oriented Design patterns, and adoption of the PSR-4 autoloading standard.
What is Symfony PHP?
Symfony is a high performance PHP framework that has a broad set of components that can be combined to produce a wide range of PHP applications. Drupal 8 and 9 uses many of these components within its core.