Titi, Alex and Dave managed to achieve this Associate version certification by passing an 80 minute exam consisting of 55 multiple choice questions at an approved AWS testing centre.
The exam tested our knowledge, understanding and practical application know-how for being able to make and carry out recommendations in the following areas:
- Migration of existing applications to AWS from other hosting providers
- Designing the architecture for, and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Putting in place cost-effective back-up solutions that fit with your organisations security and data retention requirements
- Networking and security, including definition of VPC's, subnets, Internet Gateways and such
- Determining the right AWS service offering to meet the requirements of a project i.e. Opsworks, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda etc.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service sizing, based on data storage, compute / processing, database, and security requirements
- Best practice AWS solutions architecture
- Estimating AWS costs and being able to recommend how savings can be achieved by committing to AWS for 1 to 3 year periods
If you are interested in learning more about how our AWS expertise can help you, please take a look at our Drupal hosting services.