Technical Copywriter (part-time, flexi-hours)
- Job location:
- The Seed Warehouse, Hertford, UK
- £20,000 - £25,000+ (pro-rata)
- Closing date:
- When we find the right person
Since launching in 2009, Zoocha has grown steadily winning clients such as Ofsted, British Tourist Authority and The Financial Conduct Authority along with a range of exciting start-up businesses like Mydex and HotelSwaps.
We are now looking to expand our team with a part-time copywriter (who is local to Hertford) to help us improve the quality of our written output across channels such as blog posts and articles, case studies, proposals, project documentation, white-papers, newsletters and such.
Personality and team fit is as important as ability for this role – Zoocha is an informal and enjoyable environment with a very flat company structure. The successful candidate will need to be a bright, self-starter with a 'can-do attitude', able to operate with limited direction and motivated to be successful at Zoocha. They will need a great sense of humour, sharp mind and tenacious attitude.
Your typical day might include:
- Converting a skeleton blog post / article consisting of a few bullet points into a finished piece
- Reviewing a proposal to check for consistency, grammar, spelling / typos etc.
- Working with the team on a content strategy
- Performing research for a given content project
- Preparing and managing the creation of documentation that requires input from multiple team members
Your skills / about you:
- Excellent grasp of the English language is essential, including exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Have an interest in the Internet and Computing
- You can effectively communicate and collaborate with others of all levels
- You actively listen and learn from feedback
- Able to pick up new subjects relatively quickly
- A knack for making complex propositions simple and easy to understand
- Able to work from Zoocha offices in Hertford for between 10 and 20 hours a week
Your experience includes:
- A good academic record, degree level preferably
- Potentially experienced as a copywriter or similar already
We can offer you:
- We pride ourselves on our relaxed, flexible and fun culture complete with an office dog or two
- We have an environment to let you grow and develop
- For this role we can offer part-time, flexible hours to fit around you
- This is an office based role, at least initially while you become familiar with the team and what we do, but in time could incorporate working from home
- We organise regular socials and team building events
- We offer competitive salaries and employee benefits including private healthcare and Gym membership
- We build intelligently tailored digital solutions for our clients using Drupal
- We specialise in public sector organisations, innovative start ups, multi-channel retailers and charities
- We want to be the world’s best technical digital agency, offering industry leading quality, service, expertise and thought leadership
- We pride ourselves on our values of quality, trust, value for money and client success
- We have 4 offices across the globe in the UK, USA, Spain and Brazil and are looking to grow more
How to Apply
- Please send your CV, along with a short cover letter explaining why you think you will be a good fit for Zoocha to email@example.com.
- No Recruitment agencies please. If you apply through an agency you will NOT be considered.