Software Test Engineer
- Job location:
- Balneário Camboriú, Brazil
- To be discussed at interview
- Closing date:
About the Role
We have recently opened a new office in Brazil and are looking for a new Software Test Engineer to help improve our software development processes to our clients.
As Software Test Engineer you will be a confident communicator and have a passion for finding defects within software and working with others to resolve issues and ensure high quality software development.
You will enjoy the challenge of creating and maintaining automated scripts to functionally and regression test software in the most efficient ways possible.
You will enjoy working in a dynamic fast paced environment and be actively looking to develop your technical skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international digital agency and be able to help shape our clients’ projects and solutions as well as helping to growth our Brazilian office and capabilities.
Zoocha is a leading UX and Drupal Development Agency based in the UK.
We work with a range of clients spanning innovate start-ups, multi-channel retailers, publishers, Charities & non-profits, and public-sector organisations. The common denominator between 80% of our clients is that we provide Drupal development services, along with UX and Design.
We often supplement this core service offering with other technical development services, and have a strong track record helping our clients with their Digital Strategy and Digital Marketing.
Zoocha have offices in the UK, Spain and Brazil
Location: Balneário Camboriú, Brazil
What we offer
- An enjoyable working environment; complete with table tennis, lounge area and office dog!
- Regular team social events
- Access to all the latest tools and software in used in development
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Part of a growing company with real say on development and growth as a company
- Review client requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria and provide meaningful feedback and testing requirements in at project conception
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise and plan testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automated tests to validate software using appropriate frameworks and methodologies.
- Identify, document and communicate bugs arising through test processes and manage re-test process through to resolution.
- Create and execute regression testing against all releases to maintain code standards and user satisfaction
- Create and execute load tests against software using JMeter and ensure other non functional requirements are met
- Work closely with development team to improve code quality and ways of working, helping to reduce development costs and time to market
- English - intermediate level
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving and drive defects through to resolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Quick learner who is able to understand new technologies
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple defects at one time
- Basic HTML
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as PHP
- Basic understanding of SQL/MySQL
- Awareness of testing tools such as JMeter and Selenium
How to Apply
Please send your CV, along with a short cover letter explaining why you are in it/testing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No Recruitment agencies please. If you apply through an agency you will NOT be considered.