PHP Developer (Junior - Mid level)
- Job location:
- The Seed Warehouse, Hertford, UK
- £25,000 - £30,000+
- Closing date:
Since launching in 2009, Zoocha has grown steadily winning clients such as Ofsted, British Tourist Authority and The Financial Conduct Authority along with a range of exciting start-up businesses like Mydex and HotelSwaps. We are now looking to expand our technical team with at least one developer with PHP experience.
Zoocha’s technical team primarily specialise in Drupal development and have particular expertise in building e-commerce and multi-lingual content websites but we also create bespoke applications using Symfony and a PHP micro-framework called SlimPHP, all of which you will have the opportunity to be involved with.
Personality and team fit is as important as technical ability for this role – Zoocha is an informal and enjoyable environment with a very flat company structure. The successful candidate will need to be bright, a self-starter, ambitious and motivated to be successful at Zoocha. They will need a great sense of humour, sharp mind and tenacious attitude. With these qualities, plus training and informal mentoring, the sky's the limit.
Your typical day might include:
- Focusing on growing and learning Drupal (including achieving professional certifications)
- Implementing new functionality for our customers web platforms, as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team
- Writing clean code and tests, iterating based on feedback
- Debugging issues reported by customers
- Participation in code reviews and technical design
- Creating documentation to outline what your code does and how it works
- You posses a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- You can communicate and collaborate with others
- You actively listen and learn from feedback
- You are a self starter who wants to work in an a digital agency across a range of different clients
- You are able to work to deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of PHP programming
Your experience includes:
- A degree in a Computing, Maths, Science or Engineering subject
- Up to 3 years PHP programming experience; someone who see's themselves as a Junior or Mid-weight developer
- Experience of working with, and extending a CMS, such as WordPress or similar
We can offer you:
- We pride ourselves on our relaxed, flexible and fun culture complete with an office dog or two
- We have an environment to let you grow and develop, and invest in helping you achieve professional certifications
- We give you access to the latest tools, equiptment and software
- We organise regular socials and team building events
- We offer competitive salaries and employee benefits including private healthcare and Gym membership
- We build intelligently tailored digital solutions for our clients using Drupal
- We specialise in public sector organisations, innovative start ups, multi-channel retailers and charities
- We want to be the world’s best technical digital agency, offering industry leading quality, service, expertise and thought leadership
- We pride ourselves on our values of quality, trust, value for money and client success
- We have 4 offices across the globe in the UK, USA, Spain and Brazil and are looking to grow more
How to Apply
- Please send your CV, along with a short cover letter explaining why you want to get into web development to email@example.com.
- No Recruitment agencies please. If you apply through an agency you will NOT be considered.