Drupal Developer (Mid to Senior level)
- Job location:
- UK or Spain
- £22,100 to £54,500
- Closing date:
Since launching in 2009, Zoocha, a specialist Drupal Development agency, has grown steadily, building a reputation for delivering high-quality Drupal websites and platforms against complex requirements. Our team is proud to have the highest number of Acquia-certified Drupal developers in the UK, with more “triple certified” developers than any other organisation.
With Drupal running through our veins, and not touching any other CMSs or frameworks, our business is geared around supporting our developers’ professional growth within the Drupal ecosystem, and becoming the best Drupal developers that they can be. Across our company, there are nearly 60 hands-on Drupal engineers, with specialisms within that spanning Drupal Architecture, Drupal Commerce, Drupal Theming, Drupal Site Building, Drupal Training, Drupal Hosting, Drupal DevOps, Drupal Support and more.
Calling on our deep and diverse Drupal skills, Zoocha works with some renowned organisations such as the United Nations, Equality and Human Rights Commission and Oxfam along with a range of other highly regarded international organisations.
As part of sustained demand from our clients, we are looking to expand our Drupal development team with at least one additional Mid or Senior Drupal Developer who wants to focus on back-end development.
Personality and team fit are as important as technical ability for this role – Zoocha is an informal and enjoyable environment to work in where everyone leaves their ego at the door.
- You MUST be based in either the UK or Spain
- You MUST have a VISA or work permit already
- You MUST be fluent in English
- Participation in code reviews and technical design
- You MUST NOT apply through a recruitment consultant
Your typical day might include:
- Writing standards compliant, best practice Drupal code that is secure and performant
- Writing developer notes to support client requirements
- Reviewing pull requests from your colleagues
- Estimating items within a project backlog
- Creating documentation to outline what your code does and how it works
- Debugging escalated support issues
- Helping less experienced developers improve their skills
- Participating in daily scrums
- Having good bants with your colleagues
You’re good at:
- Programming in general
- Drupal development and focussed on improving your craft
- Approaching problems in a logical manner
- Explaining technical concepts in a style that a broad audience can understand
- Working in teams of developers on the same codebase
- Knowing when to escalate, ask for help and seek clarifications
Your experience includes:
- 2+ years of experience in Drupal
- PHP, Git, Composer, drush
We can offer you:
- A relaxed, informal and fun workplace culture
- An environment to help you professionally develop in Drupal and its related technologies
- We give you access to the latest tools and software
- Regular socials and team building events
- Offices based in Hertford (UK), Valencia (Spain), and Balneario Camboriu (Brazil) -- with potential to work from all
- Training budget and conference attendance
- Remote or hybrid working, with flexible hours
- Competitive salaries and employee benefits including private healthcare, charity work days off, company bonus, gym membership and more.
How to Apply
- Please send your CV, along with a short cover letter explaining why you want to get into web development to [email protected].
- No Recruitment agencies please. If you apply through an agency you will NOT be considered.